7.4.09

Things I Want to Achieve

I thought, since I'm here, and I am at a bit of a loose end, I'd give some thought to some things that I want to do. I am going to do it in some kind of time order. I mean, there are things that I can do next week, some things I want to do will take me much longer. So...

By next week:
  • Consolidate what I've learnt about teaching courses at DU, CU-Boulder and UCCS - In Progress
  • Start training for my triathlon (which is in 4 weeks) :-s - Failed due to knee being rubbish
  • Record a new song for MySpace Failed due to lazyness - BAD JOE!
By next month:
  • Start some kind of procedure for auditing the university library's accounts
  • Finish my first Sprint Distance Triathlon on 4 weeks' training
  • Find out about student visas from the international student department at uni
By next year:
  • Be finished with my dissertation and working independently on the other ideas that I've had for it
  • Apply for the three grad schools above, and apply for a ton of scholarships
  • Have a one hour set of my own material (all of which I like)
  • Have an album for sale on iTunes
  • Learn French or Spanish to more than just "getting by" standard
Five years from now:
  • Have an Ironman tattoo (which of course entails completing an Ironman)
  • Have an academic text published (or at least in the process of being published)
  • Have at least two fiction works published
  • Have a great job at an awesome school
Ten years from now:
  • Who knows? Probably even five years is too far ahead to think
So there's a few things that I want to do. We shall see what happens. I look forward to crossing them off, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment